Challenging the Silence Series
Posted on August 20, 2020 by Deanna Spiotta
The death of George Floyd stoked pain and frustration created by racially motivated deaths unreconciled for decades, reigniting and propelling forward the Black Lives Matter Movement. The world has experienced rallies, rioting, and large protests culminating in calls for change at every level.
While we watch what is happening around the world, we also focus our attention inward and ask ourselves, “What now?” Healthy Baby Network is proud to present the “Challenging the Silence” series, focused on creating truthful and transparent conversations about what we’ve learned, what we still need to learn, and where we go next.
These sessions will be facilitated by Healthy Baby Network Executive Director, Sherita Bullock.
All sessions take place from 10:00am-12:00pm.
• September 15, 2020 – Session 1: Race and Racism; 100 Days & Beyond…
• October 20, 2020 – Session 2: Racial Health and Birth Disparities; It REALLY IS About Racism
• November 17, 2020 – Session 3: Creating Healthy Patient/Consumer and Provider Relationships
• December 15, 2020 – Session 4: The Role of Allyship
• January 19, 2021 – Session 5: Reframing Maternal Child Health; Where are our Fathers?*
*Co-facilitated by JaMone Alexander
- This is an online event.
- Registration is limited to 30 attendees per session.
- You can register for all or any sessions that interest you. The registration fee is $10 per session or $40 if you register for all 5 sessions at once.
Tickets are available here!
Scholarships are available for students and community members. Please contact Deanna Spiotta at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
About Deanna Spiotta
Deanna is the Communications Director for Healthy Baby Network.