Black Birth Summit
Posted on August 9, 2019 by Deanna Spiotta
Black maternal mortality is a public health crisis.
Wednesday, October 30, 2019
9:00am – 3:30pm
Rochester Riverside Hotel | Riverview Ballroom
120 East Main Street
Rochester, New York 14604
Registration and breakfast begin at 8:00am.
Breakfast, lunch, and parking are included.
Keynote Speaker: Shafia Monroe
Shafia Monroe is a renowned midwife, doula trainer, and motivational speaker. Find out more about Ms. Monroe here!
A Special Message from Charles S. Johnson IV
Charles S. Johnson is the founder of 4Kira4Moms. Find out more about Mr. Johnson here!
Women’s health is community health! In addition to women, we encourage men and folks who identify as non-binary to attend and be a part of the conversation.
Tickets are available for $60 here!
Parking is included in the cost of your ticket. Please park in the Rochester Riverside Hotel’s attached parking garage to receive parking validation.
- 8:00am – Breakfast and Registration
- 9:00am – Welcome & Opening Remarks
- Special performance by Lavonne Barfield of LoveOn Artwork
- 9:15am – Keynote Address – Shafia Monroe, Shafia Monroe Consulting
- 10:15am – Q&A
- 10:45am – BREAK
- 11:00am – Group discussion activity
- 11:30am – A Special Video Message from Charles S. Johnson IV, 4Kira4Moms
- 11:40am – LUNCH
- 12:40pm – “Raising Community Voices to Reduce Maternal Mortality” – Meaghan Carroll, New York State Department of Health
- 1:35pm – Panel Discussion: “Conversation to Action”
- Junella Goho, Doula
- Meaghan Carroll, New York State Department of Health
- Dr. Twylla Dillion, United Way of Greater Rochester; Healthy Baby Network
- Live painting done by Lavonne Barfield of LoveOn Artwork
- 3:05pm – Closing Comments
- 3:30pm – End
Your ticket purchase contributes toward the cost of breakfast and lunch.
Limited scholarships for community members are available.
- Would you like to fund a scholarship for a student or community member? Please contact Deanna Spiotta at email@example.com or at 585-546-4930 ext. 215.
Language services available upon request by October 9, 2019.
Please contact Deanna Spiotta at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 585-546-4930 ext. 215 for the following information and assistance:
- scholarship information
- to donate to fund a scholarship for a student or community member to attend the Summit
- to request language services
- to purchase your ticket(s) with a check
Special thanks to our generous sponsors!
About Deanna Spiotta
Deanna is the Communications Director for Healthy Baby Network.