Bilingual Outreach Worker Position Available
Posted on January 23, 2017 by Deanna Spiotta
The Healthy Baby Network has a vacancy for a Bilingual Outreach Worker.
If you are interested in applying, please send a cover letter, resume, and three references by Friday, February 10, 2017 to Yolanda Sayres, Outreach Coordinator by email to email@example.com or mail to:
Attention: Yolanda Sayres
Healthy Baby Network
693 East Avenue, Suite 200
Rochester, NY 14607
Position Title: Outreach Worker (FT)
Reports To: Outreach Coordinator
At the Healthy Baby Network, we are dedicated to giving babies a healthy start in life. Through data, health planning, and creating social support for mothers, we are transforming our community baby by baby.
The Outreach Worker will find and engage women who are pregnant or are likely to soon become pregnant, refer them to medical and support services, and follow-up to ensure the connection is made.
- Fluent Spanish speaking, reading, and writing required
- Associates Degree (Bachelors preferred)
- Experience coaching individuals and/or groups
- Relevant knowledge of perinatal health and human service agencies within the community
- Experience in an inner-city environment
- Fluent in use of internet and Windows based computer systems
- Strong verbal, written, interpersonal, organizational, and problem solving skills required
- Flexible hours, willing to work some evenings and weekends
- A valid NYS driver’s license and reliable transportation
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify target population and areas/places to reach them
- Assess consumer requests for support and refer appropriately
- Document in electronic system outreach attempts, referrals, and follow-up
- Maintain knowledge of perinatal health and human services
- Maintain a robust understanding of Rochester neighborhoods, their assets and their challenges
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism at all times
- Additional duties or projects as assigned
The Healthy Baby Network is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a generous benefits package, flexible work hours, and a collegial work environment.
For information about the Healthy Baby Network, see our website at www.healthy-baby.net.
Application submission deadline is Friday, February 10, 2017.
About Deanna Spiotta
Deanna is the Communications Director for Healthy Baby Network.